PEC is proud to annouce our Everyday English or Pasifika courses. Contact us to register
Everyday English for Pasifika aims to:
- Target Pacific migrant learners to increase their understanding of living in Aotearoa
- Recognise the value of Pacific language as knowledge that counts towards learning English
- Increase confidence in learning and using every day English.
Duration: 6 week course
Classes: Tuesday and Wednesday (3 hour sessions x 3)
Time: 10am – 1pm
Enrolments open: Tuesday 24th January Ends Friday 24th March 2017.
Programme starts: Tuesday 28th March 2017, Ends: Wednesday 03rd May 2017
Class size: We will take up to 20 students per class
Enrolment criteria entry:
- 16 years and over
- NZ citizen or permanent residency
* Proof of NZ /PR citizenship as proof of ID to be submitted to the office.
Costs: Free for Permanent residency and citizens of NZ.
Venue: PEC Office, 17 Lambie Drive (Building 7) in Manukau City
Enquiries: Speak to Sio Alatini on 09 260-4042 or email email@example.com to go through our free enrolment process.
Building Confidence - Part 1 (4 weeks)
- Aotearoa, New Zealand culture and customs
- Literacy enhancement in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing English
- Vocabulary development
Applying confidence in every day English - Part 2 (4 weeks)
- Job search
- Basic Budgeting
We are pleased to continue providing our free adult community and education classes for our communities around Auckland. Funded by the Tertiary Education Commission, we are proud to teach five Pacific languages.
The PAFT programme enables Pacific families with young children to access FREE, practical support and guidance.